Monday, August 24, 2009

Tiny bear for Tom


Tom's Bear 2, originally uploaded by limelady722.

I'm actually a little proud of this, I think it turned out pretty well.

As I was working on the penguin and noticing how odd-looking it was turning out, I wanted to make something else to give to Tom. I found the pattern for this at http://littlecottonrabbits.typepad.co.uk/free_knitting_patterns/ and thought he'd like it.

I had to get size one needles and double pointed needles for this, it was the first time I'd worked with anything smaller than size 8. The pattern was fairly simple to follow and the only difficulty was working with the very thin yarn on the ridiculously thin needles. Also had to learn how to make i-cord with the dpns, which turned out to be pretty easy after I got the hang of it.

I added the scarf partly because of Tom and partly to cover up the awkward way I joined the head to the body haha, I just twisted together some gray yarn I had and knotted the ends to keep it together. I sewed on the eyes and nose with black embroidery thread (or muddled through it anyway) and then joined all the pieces together.

No comments:

Post a Comment