Monday, August 24, 2009

Dad's koala


Koala 2, originally uploaded by limelady722.

This is the last thing I've finished so far, a toy for Dad.

This is an enlarged version of a pattern I found at http://knittedtoybox.blogspot.com/. I followed the pattern but used a much thicker yarn than suggested and size 8 needles. It looks very, very weird from the back (must learn how to seriously finish something like this, can't sew up things for the life of me) and is another odd, hopefully sort of charming toy to keep the penguin company.

Oh and the face! Haha I had to finish it in time for Dad's birthday so instead of sewing on eyes and a nose in black thread I just colored some fabric I had lying around with a Sharpie (I know, I'm sad) and then sewed that onto the head. Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment