Monday, August 10, 2009

The Knitting Begins

I learned to knit about eight months ago and just recently became obsessed. So now I'm adding my voice to the incredible online community of knitters I have started to discover. Hello : )

I want direction for this journey, so I plan to knit my way through a few of the main techniques I want to try. I have ordered several knitting books online and plan to make what I can use and appreciate and give to family and friends. The books are on their way here from across the country, purchased from eBay and amazon.com and local used bookstores. The trek will start when they arrive.

All laid out, so far I have 1) cables, 2) color 1 (intarsia/fair isle), 3) color 2 (intarsia/fair isle), 4) lace, and 5) entrelac. I will try to use these in projects to come every month, starting with a cabled afghan for my grandfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment